Peter Daniel Phiri
This poem is dedicated to you,
For so many things you don't understand,
So many nitigrities I have no power to explain.
I hope life will give you insight,
understanding and wisdom.
In due season, ..
Your inner eyes and ears shall open,
And you shall see how great my love for you is.
My eyes are blind to our future,
They are bright and glittering to our present,
And have no account of our past.
I am happy but my tears are near,
With each lie you tell,
They push towards the surfarce,
Soon they will roll down my cheeks.
Will I wipe them away?
And lose all memory of you?
Or will I let them fall to the ground and learn to let go?
My heart is in pain,
and my soul in rage.
Echoes of a lonely sad song, hover hopelessly in my spirit.
My mind is playing dangerously on the edges of insanity,
But my will is strong.
I smile even though I don't have a reason to.
I laugh not because of your jokes,
but my own sorrow.
Be at peace my love,
Unlike life, love is always fair.
Memories may pierce your heart and soul like a thousand swords,
Don't regret your flaws,
No one is flawless.
Your longing will not remain unsatisfied,
but will be seed;
In the hearts of your children.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Serenity Sobs by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Shararat, Akhtar Jawad
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra