RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Shadows Of Intellect
Slivers of sunshine slip quietly into my mind, illuminating
the shadows of intellect, showing me the essence of my being.
Talking in whispers, finding the edges of life have silently
crept into the landscape of my picturesque times nearing death.
Knowing the experiences I will yet be undergoing, unafraid of
any of it, yet saddened by the nearness of it's presence.
Not wanting to cause the sorrow that will be forthcoming in
the near future.
All the events and memories of my life will culminate in first
one moment of death and then I will become no more on earth.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadows Of Intellect by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- A child's letter, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Hare and The Turtle, Harold R Hunt Sr
- In the scream of the night, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Daddy are you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- My Parent's Beliefs Stink, Mr. Nobody
- As the summer ends., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Never say goodbye., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Bridge From The Other Side, Is It Poetry
- Car Wars, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rumor has it., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)