Shoot For The Benefit Of Man
The gun does not make you a hero.
The flag you bear, does not give you an automatic right.
To shoot anyone you see fit,
Anyone you catch on sight.
A murder is a murder,
No matter what your general tells you so.
Are you prepared for the bloodshed?
Can you handle the families woe?
Yes, if there were any other way.
We would have tried it by now.
The gun gives you a godly power,
your word is law, with the final blow.
But do not shoot for the love of power,
Do not shoot just because you can.
Shoot because you have to.
Shoot for the benefit of all man.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shoot For The Benefit Of Man by Rachel Henley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro