I've been through so much pain,
racism, discrimination, slavery over and over again.
Being looked down on wasn't fun,
no point saying it because the damage is done.
All i did was work for them,
never really got fed,
it was just a slice of bread.
oh sometime i wished i was dead.
It was really scary,
you wouldn't know why, because you wasn't me,
sometimes i wished it was all a dream,
but when they woke me up that's when i realised it was reality.
The scariest bit was,
when they had a whip,
you could hear my heart beat,
BANG! a whip on my feet.
This is when i got my low self esteem....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slavery by Aishah Bibi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura