Perfectly fused ideas and conceits
Of minds fabulous in lines sweet.But
Feet, meters and syllables
Often treat very strangely.
Blank verse cedes the heroic couplet
As Gray`s elegies are voiced as Shakespeare'sonnet.
Ah! All these 'Greek'to my humble wit
As an Abstract art explains with Romantic kit.
Tho` adorn with some vivid colors and images
Still hard to catch the poet's mind and messages.
Often treated we wrongly in our narration,
A pathetic fallacy and personification
that leads to widespread condemnation.
enjambment kills poetic rhymes.
Whatever the case might be
Poesy is not a cup of tea.
And truly I too don't know why
Things queerly happen `neath the sky,
All these varieties of science and arts
Cause poignant anxiety to minds and hearts.
Gulsher john's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
it's not a disgusting, odious nor any sort of humiliation,
As nobody is perfect, we all here to learn from our mistakes......
P.s. confused about the word slum-lines.....
Comments about this poem (Slum-lines by Gulsher john )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Children Playing, Ronald Chapman
- Winter Crept, hap rochelle
- Meeting Ronald Reagan, Roy Blokker
- Cheat, Ronald Chapman
- Stephen Gill's Divergent Shades, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Senseless Love, Lilly Emery
- Carry Our Souls, Ronald Chapman
- Happy Birthday... Right, Francie Lynch
- Can This Be Love?, Ronald Chapman
- Can Love Save The World?, Ronald Chapman