Snow Is Falling
The snow is falling and jack frost has looked
for his wife on my window pane.
The sky is gray and it's time to pull the jumper
out that my mother knitted for me.
The rain plays its true and the wind is calling
for someone to know winter is here.
The tree's have all but turned to brown, gray and the
flowers pull their head in to go to sleep.
I sit cuddle up at the window and see the world
slow down and watch this little town change.
Bright day turns to-night and we find reason to turn on the
light at 2 in the after noon.
The snow is falling and i smile as i drink
my hot chocolate inside, just a few day and it's time
to drag the christmas tree out and dust the fairy
The snow is falling and jack frost will be back tonight
to see if he can find his wife.
And i my self-will smile as i drift off to sleep cuddle up in the
knitted jumper safe and warm inside.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snow Is Falling by maria goodison )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)