Sonnet 77: Reflections
I enjoyed buying flowers for my love
Though they did not compare with her beauty
She is now with the angels high above
I now place them on her grave, 'tis my duty.
We really had fun when she was with me
When off to the High Street we would wander
So our time together was meant to be
And all the time my heart would grow fonder.
But time was a luxuary denied us
And I take my place in the world alone
To continue a life without much fuss
And make the best of things and not to moan.
Time immortal is as endless as space
And true love is that everlasting grace.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet 77: Reflections by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom
- Ne zemer te netevee te tua, skender iljaz braka
- EYES ARE FOR LOOK, maqsood hasni
- READ FROM EYES, maqsood hasni
- Në rrethin e hënës., skender iljaz braka