Dr. Yogesh Sharma
SORRY! WE LET YOU DOWN
Children of beautiful Seven Sisters,
Does not fear or run; nation is with you.
Do not cry for attention and safety;
You are our part and not outsiders.
Jointly will boot out the criminal intruders,
You are our first love, real brothers and sisters;
Secular fascists have let you down,
But do not care those racist scoundrels.
Do not feel ignored, mocked or excluded;
We are taught to love and care you;
No discrimination be meted out to you,
You will be in news for reasons good.
Blue eyed star of national family,
Forget the past of death and destruction;
Of violence, victimization, and uprooting;
That history tortured will not be revisited.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (SORRY! WE LET YOU DOWN by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan