I smell the smell,
Of my burning soul.
The anonymous spirit,
Whom I know or not,
Tried to electrocute
Me and my serene soul.
With his blue electricity!
On the beach of the
Ocean of tear, I stroll;
The tricky horizon plays
With me the game of
Hide and seek!
Over there, in misty island
I Won't step in ever.
My burnt soul can't
Even breathe a prayer!
After the burning,
When there will be
Ashes only, then
My dead soul will take
New birth as a phoenix
To sing the song of
Innocence, for ever
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Soul Burns by Neela Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...