Spider and Fly
SPIDER=I welcome you to dinner, and have something
nice in mind for you.
The fly breath deep and buzzed his wings.
FLY=I think i should reconsider on that thought not
everyone is nice, Thank you but i have to get home it's getting
The spider shock her body and made her web vibrate
the fly jump and shiver in dread.
SPIDER=I give my word that nothing bad will come
to you, just you and me friends? maybe a bottle of wine
perhaps a game or two?
The fly stop still and look in to the spider 8 eyes.
FLY= i've rethought your offer and agent all better judgment
i will join you for supper.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Spider and Fly by maria goodison )
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- A Lesson of Patriotism, rohan bendre
- Pen-and-Ink, hafiz qasim
- Destroyer and Preserver, hafiz qasim
- My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- TEACHER, Shachi Kaul
- Jackals cleverness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Gibberish, hafiz qasim
- Child Of Mine, Kyle Schlicher
- My Heart Is Heavy, Kyle Schlicher
- Beautiful Dusk, Shachi Kaul