RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Stepping To Rhythm
Walking incessantly on a treadmill, looking into mirrored walls on every side.
Stepping to a rhythm beat out by a conveyor belt for twenty minutes, burning calories to lose weight.
Next, to a recumbent bike to work out kinks in long-legged strides.
Stepping steadily up and down, keeping track of steps - off to the water fountain for a drink.
Exercising legs and thighs and stomach in a row - hoping to find an image in the mirror that I can like.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stepping To Rhythm by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Smile Not For All, Savita Tyagi
- Life with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love for OLUEBUBE, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Broken Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My mattress, Nassy Fesharaki
- أولوية, مالك حداد
- Finding Self, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- سأهبك غزالة, مالك حداد
- To my one and only (April 3,2014), Didith Marcelo
- de compras, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)