I trusted you to help me.
Two innocent lives are at stake.
I trusted in you to shelter them,
From any of the wrongs that I make.
Two innocent lives.
This wasn't in their plans.
You should have been caring about their lives and what they want,
As if you were holding your own heart in your hands.
Would you let it fall?
Would you let it die.?
Why punish these children,
When its 'MOMMY' they cry?
You claim its me and my family,
Who scare them half to death.
But if you take the time and look closely
My children, my family, and I ALL share the same flesh
They get to see their father
Someone who comes around only when HE wants
HE gets to take them anywhere and everywhere.
HE gets the time and the opportunity to flaunt
I AM THEIR MOTHER!
And it seems you're trying to make them forget
YOU carrying for them, out of MY BEST INTENTIONS
Is now something I GREATLY REGRET! !
Crystal Castro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stolen Innocence by Crystal Castro )
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- She Loved Her Some Peterbilt, the guy in charge
- Bad Timing, Luis Estable
- God`s Best Work, Luis Estable
- Hiya duck, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)