I trusted you to help me.
Two innocent lives are at stake.
I trusted in you to shelter them,
From any of the wrongs that I make.
Two innocent lives.
This wasn't in their plans.
You should have been caring about their lives and what they want,
As if you were holding your own heart in your hands.
Would you let it fall?
Would you let it die.?
Why punish these children,
When its 'MOMMY' they cry?
You claim its me and my family,
Who scare them half to death.
But if you take the time and look closely
My children, my family, and I ALL share the same flesh
They get to see their father
Someone who comes around only when HE wants
HE gets to take them anywhere and everywhere.
HE gets the time and the opportunity to flaunt
I AM THEIR MOTHER!
And it seems you're trying to make them forget
YOU carrying for them, out of MY BEST INTENTIONS
Is now something I GREATLY REGRET! !
Crystal Castro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stolen Innocence by Crystal Castro )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra
- A praise or A Satire, Aftab Alam
- Perfection Beyond Yin Yang, Monk E. Biz
- Joint campaign, hasmukh amathalal
- Women of Tahrir Square, Abdullah alHemaidy