I trusted you to help me.
Two innocent lives are at stake.
I trusted in you to shelter them,
From any of the wrongs that I make.
Two innocent lives.
This wasn't in their plans.
You should have been caring about their lives and what they want,
As if you were holding your own heart in your hands.
Would you let it fall?
Would you let it die.?
Why punish these children,
When its 'MOMMY' they cry?
You claim its me and my family,
Who scare them half to death.
But if you take the time and look closely
My children, my family, and I ALL share the same flesh
They get to see their father
Someone who comes around only when HE wants
HE gets to take them anywhere and everywhere.
HE gets the time and the opportunity to flaunt
I AM THEIR MOTHER!
And it seems you're trying to make them forget
YOU carrying for them, out of MY BEST INTENTIONS
Is now something I GREATLY REGRET! !
Crystal Castro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stolen Innocence by Crystal Castro )
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns