Stuck between chance and circumstance, in a hell of my own making.
Can you see into my eyes, beyond the smile I'm faking.
Shrouded by the darkness and all that I hold dear,
I have come to realize I'm paralyzed by fear.
I really wish I was as strong as everyone believes.
Instead, I feel I'm falling like the Autumn leaves.
I've tried to see a new path for my life to travel.
But I get stuck on the first step and watch it all unravel.
I feel that I'm being selfish, in this big wide world of pain.
And I often wonder, if my heart, will ever feel again.
I look towards the mountain tops,
And think of all the many stops
I've made along the way.
Some days are worse than others, as I'm sure we all can say.
I lost sight of what's important, somewhere along the way.
In you, I've found a touchstone and I hope that you will stay,
Be my friend and guide my heart, to find its strength again
Jennifer Rothgordt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Stuck by Jennifer Rothgordt )
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
- Musty Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Word Fright, michael walkerjohn
- Another Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Bullying, Holly Moon
- Luck's Drawl, michael walkerjohn
- No bounds, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns