Stuck between chance and circumstance, in a hell of my own making.
Can you see into my eyes, beyond the smile I'm faking.
Shrouded by the darkness and all that I hold dear,
I have come to realize I'm paralyzed by fear.
I really wish I was as strong as everyone believes.
Instead, I feel I'm falling like the Autumn leaves.
I've tried to see a new path for my life to travel.
But I get stuck on the first step and watch it all unravel.
I feel that I'm being selfish, in this big wide world of pain.
And I often wonder, if my heart, will ever feel again.
I look towards the mountain tops,
And think of all the many stops
I've made along the way.
Some days are worse than others, as I'm sure we all can say.
I lost sight of what's important, somewhere along the way.
In you, I've found a touchstone and I hope that you will stay,
Be my friend and guide my heart, to find its strength again
Jennifer Rothgordt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Stuck by Jennifer Rothgordt )
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)