Amidst the Mist
City streets and lanterns mired in the mist.
Where old couples and young lovers have often stopped to kiss.
the lamp outside the Barber shop casts an eerie twisted light.
Pale colors adorn the buildings face, long into the night.
Lively music lilts like crystal chimes amidst the densest fog.
A pungent scent floats lightly and boasts of frothy grog.
The golden glow of the carriage lights bounce lightly down the street.
The fog horn from the harbor, warning ships, whose bows could meet.
The clock towers ancient bell, strikes out, an echoing refrain.
Wrapped in your arms, and in this spot, for my life, I could remain.
Jennifer Rothgordt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amidst the Mist by Jennifer Rothgordt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On the Subject of Doctors, James Tate
- Failed Tribute to the Stonemason of Tor .., James Tate
- A Wedding, James Tate
- I am not a religious and god centric:, binod bastola
- Call from Cupid, binod bastola
- A Vagabond, James Tate
- Wisdom or Behaviour!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- Nazuk to Phool Bhi Hain, Aftab Alam
- COPLA 85 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan