Superb Being, Wrong Stock
Standing here alone, feeling overwhelmingly amiss,
Looking to break free from the clutch of this abyss.
Is it the Acheron, no you say it's got to be the styx!
Neither really, just a bunch of inbred hicks.
But what am I? Just another rube,
Living a life so lame-brained and crude.
Taught by a father who acts as an oaf,
Raised by a mother ranked to a dolt.
I have a destiny, and yes it's sincere
To be free from the cultivation and mores set here.
Enlighten the world that I'm truly a scholar,
But hope they never hear the hillbilly me holler.
Cody Maxie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Superb Being, Wrong Stock by Cody Maxie )
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pysch notes chapter 2, imani halley
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
- We are superior to all, Aftab Alam
- Love Deity, Aftab Alam
- Your Love Affairs With Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- With love affairs, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)