Tell me a story that I do not know
one that is old, that is not knowing.
Sing me song that I've never heard
and sing it true and be proud.
Tell me a rhyme that makes no sense,
just let the words run around.
Show me a book that no one has seen
and let the words spill out on the floor.
Let me dance with a crowd
and have the memory that follows on.
Tell me a story, dont hold back
I wish to know this world I live in,
but not one in a box or on a screen.
Sing me a song that only the old will know
explain why it came to be
and how it faded out the same,
oh sing that song to me.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tell me by maria goodison )
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath