Telling Me Simply.
Simply lovely is well-expressed, rounded-
Out romantic love, everyday phrases
Of tenderness from you come easy, sound
Like warm honey, are never abrasive
They just drip like pure gold into my soul.
Starting with you my life has been taken
From drab, into the state of happy whole-
Hearted delight - - a dream in the making
Telling me simply of how much you care
Has taught me responses I never knew.
My heart is bursting with things now to share
With you, verses of love bind me to you.
I tell you now simply, soul-mate and friend
My devotion to you will be unending.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Telling Me Simply. by Fay Slimm )
- I Have In Mind, Dianne Feaver
- Cured Cancer, Foster Teegarden
- Saying one's prayers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eat Dessert First, Bill Grace
- cuts, Josephine Taylor
- Our India, Anishka Singh
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)