That’s What You Needed is another Hole in Your Head
An Ukrainian woman, Marian Dolishney,
Had been operated for free by the British neurosurgeon, Dr. Henry Marsh.
Dr. Marsh does biannual visits to the Ukraine and other Eastern European countries,
To help heal people that he would see.
Among the tools of his trade, a Bosch 9.6 volt electric drill,
(Is there a Lowe’s around? Well I heard you can get a rebate, still.)
Anyway, the Bosch was used for tumor removal in Marian's brain.
Isn’t this insane?
What is going on here,
super glue the bleeding,
solder the neurons,
Or simply get the rotor rooter for an obstructed bowel?
Yikes that would be painful.
You may have thought so,
But she on had topical anesthetic nothing major.
First there will be medical clinics at Wal-Mart,
Next there will be surgical supplies at Home Depot.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That’s What You Needed is another Hole in Your Head by Joe Rosochacki )
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)