Kaleidoscoping from dark to the light,
My heart needed to be reigned in tighter.
To ricochet in some swaying rope-dance
From somnolence to wanton dalliance
Was recipe for every mental ailment.
So seeng life should not be thus, my intent
Was not to cheapen but to value days.
My heart must have a holiday, not lazy
Or recreational, - - transcendental
It would then capitulate, see essential
Harmony in peace. A sabbatical
With silence would not be too radical.
Giving time to time with pressures lost
In present moment would not prove costly
A secret anniversary - - - with Me.
Some spot within where I could dream, freely.
Now I, awakened with this revelation,
Welcome my newfound regeneration.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Awakening. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones