Kaleidoscoping from dark to the light,
My heart needed to be reigned in tighter.
To ricochet in some swaying rope-dance
From somnolence to wanton dalliance
Was recipe for every mental ailment.
So seeng life should not be thus, my intent
Was not to cheapen but to value days.
My heart must have a holiday, not lazy
Or recreational, - - transcendental
It would then capitulate, see essential
Harmony in peace. A sabbatical
With silence would not be too radical.
Giving time to time with pressures lost
In present moment would not prove costly
A secret anniversary - - - with Me.
Some spot within where I could dream, freely.
Now I, awakened with this revelation,
Welcome my newfound regeneration.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Awakening. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- मा जालांखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Complete woman, hasmukh amathalal
- # Life #, Aparna Chatterjee
- Shhh Cricket, Ima Ryma
- Lord Buddha again, hasmukh amathalal
- आं लाजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Night Play, Seyi Rufus Oluwadare
- Love Me Not, Electric Lady
- Symbol Woman-3(Repost), Indira Renganathan
- दिनैनि हराव नांगोलनि जांख्रा, Ronjoy Brahma