A battle took place deep down in my heart,
The right choice to make! It tore me apart.
The choice of love and love to be,
Oh! Which Should I choose, so that I could live happily.
Love! A most simple form in all its ways,
Oh! How I would rejoice in its days!
Yet! Forever it would stay,
Not like the love which would be on its way.
I, as a young man,
So confused right now!
Oh! Please Oh! Please, tell me to which do I bow?
For if I make a mistake today,
I would carry it in my life all the way.
And for if I make the right decisions today,
I would regret letting it go all throughout the way.
Both ways have its blunt!
I'm the prey and their on the hunt.
Yet! All in all the right thing to do,
I know I just have to be true!
Savio Vogt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Battle by Savio Vogt )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Night In A Zinc Garb, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Thought after thought, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Ocean be a grave, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ocean is a grave, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Harp on the ground, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Verses be less flowing, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Profound thought, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Voice of the wide Ocean, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Inner Soul that sighs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Fires Burning, Emmanuel George Cefai