One stormy night..
Darkness surrounds so might..
Suddenly, a great thunder..
'My only God, how long this storm will last? '
A second! A second! ..It took my life..my everything...
A second? !
'Dearest God, do we have the same seconds..the same time? '
'Then how long it is then? '
-'A million years.'
A million years. A million years.
My Precious God of mercy.
This storm has drowned me..my family..my neighbors..
You have the power..the will..
Why my Lord..Why?
'God, you have few words. How long will you stay tonight? '
-'My child..I will stay..for years to come..I just had smiled on you.
(Oh! My Lord God..I was really blessed..For all these trials I have, I know it's for my better..I know you'll not give me that I could not overcome..)
Dear Readers, God smiles in different ways...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Conversation by Min Sia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From lord, hasmukh amathalal
- Kept In The Shadow, John Ugolo Umah
- Your Attachments Speak Volumes, LUVinThe NOW
- Lended Life, John Ugolo Umah
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just Flow In Love ~~~ ~~~ ~~~, LUVinThe NOW
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar