One stormy night..
Darkness surrounds so might..
Suddenly, a great thunder..
'My only God, how long this storm will last? '
A second! A second! ..It took my life..my everything...
A second? !
'Dearest God, do we have the same seconds..the same time? '
'Then how long it is then? '
-'A million years.'
A million years. A million years.
My Precious God of mercy.
This storm has drowned me..my family..my neighbors..
You have the power..the will..
Why my Lord..Why?
'God, you have few words. How long will you stay tonight? '
-'My child..I will stay..for years to come..I just had smiled on you.
(Oh! My Lord God..I was really blessed..For all these trials I have, I know it's for my better..I know you'll not give me that I could not overcome..)
Dear Readers, God smiles in different ways...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Conversation by Min Sia )
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)