Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
The Critquing Done
So fortunate I have been,
Throughout my life to have met several 'Doers'.
With a noticing of this:
Those 'Doers' I had observed,
Were in fact...
With little time afforded to socialize.
Or devoting their time in the 'art' of making impressions.
The pretenders are very vocal,
About what it is the 'Doers' do.
Or don't do.
And that depends upon who or 'whom',
Those who pretend attempt to address...
With kept impressions made.
Embellished and mostly exaggerated,
Are their activities.
Time is given to procrastinate,
Or concentrate on entertaining listeners...
With their assessments.
'SOME people I just wont mention,
Seem to be blessed to have time doing what they 'like'.
I'm just too busy to accomplish 'anything' these days.
Meetings and appointments give me barely the time,
To find to mingle.'
The critiquing done with the passing of their judgements,
Upon the 'Doers'...
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.