The Extant Song
With whom I dive below the sky
In the silver rain like a tranquil cry
Into golden seas - beyond the glow
I hear her eyes singing lullaby.
Like an old man's hand, the wind is slow
And the eyes are less merry than mellow
And the heart is dark, as a pearl so deep
And her silence is as white as snow.
But when she speaks in a pure short sleep
And hums her notes like lovebirds cheep
I find her words between the lines
I see her face in the garden I keep.
In her sadness I see her smiles -
Just watch how night goes by miles -
If beauty is one, hers in the coast -
Where she dreams, my heart there lies.
Deniz Atay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Extant Song by Deniz Atay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- LEADER OF THE NATION NARENDRA MODI, Dr.Sopan Kasinath
- Lynx, Phil Soar
- A Slumbering Tree, Akeem Alawoki
- A Mother, Phil Soar
- You, Phil Soar
- Tragedy And Terror, Ronell Warren Alman
- You Can Be A Success, Ronell Warren Alman
- ONLY YOURS...., DRASHI SHAH
- Have The Drive And Desire, Ronell Warren Alman
- The House of Musing, Emily Warn