The Light of India
I heard you, gotcha, shoulders hung, all blue.
5 days match, squeezed to 3.
I guessed the Blue was screwed badly.
On a field somewhere, pitch black everywhere.
I don't blame the blue. I don't understand the Blue Brigade.
They are not red, it's not the Fire Brigade.
I am not a fan, just an ordinary man, therefore hung on the ceiling,
Rotating, airing, ranting and squeaking.
When there is no Diwali and Crackers burst,
Its either Blue, or Green, Aussies you guys are yellow,
Haven't you heard that's a dirty fellow?
If it is not about colors, then it's more mundane, not national passion,
But the loins of the Nation, Someone doing the I Do's and forgetting the Don't's,
Always heat in the magic of wants.
If not the loin, then it has to be some lion,
Nation goes on Mute as a bloke got an electoral erection.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Light of India by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR