# # THE MOON WITHIN ME
there it was..the moon
lying in the shallow rain water
a shaky moon..never
very sure of itself
what would happen to this moon....
when the sun would drink off this shallow
what would happen to this moon tomorrow
the moon would be safe up above..actually...
actually that was'nt the question in my mind
it was the astonishment that the scene left behind
the milky white moon was milky white
even when lying in that dirty shallow state
like i soppose the ' GOD ' in me....even
even inspite of the dirty shallow within me
Samanyan Lakshminarayanan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (# # THE MOON WITHIN ME by Samanyan Lakshminarayanan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Poem of the Day
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George
- Legacy (2015), MILTON STYNER
- Glittering Textures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Symbol Forests, Ananta Madhavan