The New American Way
quit banging the drums of war!
war was never meant to be
a means of economic survival...
much less profitable....
human lives mean nothing!
freedom and democracy
are a hoax... a drug
administered through the
late night tv news....
we're not trying to liberate anyone,
it's all profit and loss....
profit to the War Machine...
loss... of lives, any sense of morality
and/or human decency.
it's easy to sell....
just tell the people they're
our enemies... that they're
out to get us.
you dont have to prove
no weapons of mass destruction
needed... just the fear
created by implanting the thought!
profit justifies anything...
the new American Way!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The New American Way by Eric Cockrell )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Sunday's tears, Marilyn Jean
- Poe's Venture, Folayemi Akande
- Our Loving, Caring God, Dr John Celes
- Momentary Separation, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Divine Bond, Md. Ziaul Haque
- SERENDIPITY, Aminath Neena
- To Be Intelligent, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Youth, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Prosetic [Prosaic + Poetic], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Love for You is Reborn, Md. Ziaul Haque