Is It Poetry
The Odds Were Never In Your Favor
Does a prune make good wine without grape's?
Though I watch you drink it,
knowing you had a chance at the game you lost.
Historically the story of history,
must be repeated it can never by those like you changed.
The illusions of rights take back from you,
given back again, you never had.
Fear more fear, murder more murdered without hope they realized,
people whom chose to not think instead are their prize.
I look at her, she is smart, she looks at me I am not.
My mamma bred dogs, breed up never down.
Reinventting the wheel over and over again.
Opposition from you they have planed,
your end from the beginning in strife you are kept.
And it works for a can of soup you will learn to kill,
or in the end eat one another and stay warm by burning books
you could not teach your children to read.
What you never do can hurt everyone, everyone they hurt is you.
If by they any truth in this you could read I'd be killed.
In this you find no good use so I am safe like yourselves.
Being blind you can't see,
and your dreams are but shadows of those who have gone before.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Odds Were Never In Your Favor by Is It Poetry )
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
- Kind Santa, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Ode To A Nightingale, John Keats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)