I waited to see
My reflection in you
My eagerness reached the sky.
As the day passes
Its strength spreads to the universe.
Days passed as the seconds.
Neither I saw
The spread of my reflection
To the world
Nor I saw it in your eyes.
You never knew me
And never tried for that.
The only thing you had
Is the shapeless, figureless
Shadow of mine.
I will never say
That you do nothing
You do a lot.
You cover me
You wrapped my personality.
As if the ashes covers the cinder
Though I persisted to glow
You showered as rain on me.
You are always
A painful fence for me
You prevent my journey
The world of a free bird
That always awaited for
I see the increase
In your force of compress
Like the distructive flood.
But I can't be
A person without words.
I can't be actionless.
I can't be visionless.
I am not suppose
To end my life in between you,
I have to reach
The heart of the living spirit
And have to burnish
Everything around me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The wall by Ashly Raju )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- I Envy The Rats, Kyle Schlicher
- Thanks for elienating me., Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- Ain't Try'n Deny'n, Steve Kittell
- You is Me, Mapung Madura
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra
- Why Poetry Is Beautiful, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra