I waited to see
My reflection in you
My eagerness reached the sky.
As the day passes
Its strength spreads to the universe.
Days passed as the seconds.
Neither I saw
The spread of my reflection
To the world
Nor I saw it in your eyes.
You never knew me
And never tried for that.
The only thing you had
Is the shapeless, figureless
Shadow of mine.
I will never say
That you do nothing
You do a lot.
You cover me
You wrapped my personality.
As if the ashes covers the cinder
Though I persisted to glow
You showered as rain on me.
You are always
A painful fence for me
You prevent my journey
The world of a free bird
That always awaited for
I see the increase
In your force of compress
Like the distructive flood.
But I can't be
A person without words.
I can't be actionless.
I can't be visionless.
I am not suppose
To end my life in between you,
I have to reach
The heart of the living spirit
And have to burnish
Everything around me.
Ashly Raju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The wall by Ashly Raju )
- REUNION, Bireswar Halder
- Love at First Site, Dustin Hardin
- Once Upon A Time, Savita Tyagi
- Youth, Yohan Confectioner
- Poetry (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Flowers trick, hasmukh amathalal
- To a loved one that died, Gert Strydom
- Smooth Finisher, Yohan Confectioner
- Detach, gajanan mishra
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)