There are the three treasured songs at the people Rasul Gamzatov
* * *
There are the three treasured songs at the people,
And in its a human grief and fun.
One of the songs is more light of all others -
It is composed by the mother over a cradle.
The second too is the song of the mothers.
By the arm ironing the ice cheeks,
They sings its over a coffin of the sons...
And the third song is the others songs.
* * *
Есть три заветных песни у людей,
И в них людское горе и веселье.
Одна из песен всех других светлей -
Ее слагает мать над колыбелью.
Вторая - тоже песня матерей.
Рукою гладя щеки ледяные,
Ее поют над гробом сыновей...
А третья песня - песни остальные.
Yuri Starostin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There are the three treasured songs at the people Rasul Gamzatov by Yuri Starostin )
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
- Street Culture, Angela K Brown
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
- Spell, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- White water-lily, Mark Heathcote
- Dance With Me, Alesia Leach
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)