'This is My Prayer to Thee'
Make me a flower
delicate and sweet, spewing fragrance
into the blowing breeze.
Make me a violin
from whose strings melody flows
to soothe the ailing nerves.
Make me a rain cloud
sailing over the breadth of skies
showering cooling droplets
on to the thirsting mouth of the Earth.
Make me a lamp
shedding beams of light
from the mazy depths of gloom.
Make me a vessel
full with love to pour out into empty pitchers.
Make me a barge
with sails filled by the wind
that in me, I can ferry the sinking souls
to far safer shores of life.
Let every atom of my being
throb with Thy filling love
Let it spring forth in jets
to form the gushing stream
Let many drink from that fountain
and taste the sweetness
of Thy nourishing love
Let the land be watered
Let the dirt be cleansed
Let the Earth wear a celestial charm
Let the plants celebrate the carnival of colours
and in my basket shall I gather
many a fragrant bloom
to be offered at your feet with love
and remain squatted in Thy presence,
not losing in the pageant
of this transient life.
Valsa George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('This is My Prayer to Thee' by Valsa George )
Did you read them?
- A.Blok, May's been cruel...- translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Secret of My love, Hanh Chau
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)