This Poet Has A Lot
So many feelings inside to explore.
discovering one, then some more.
Emotions come out! I implore.
a thought to put down for evermore.
What to write, and what to say,
where are the words I need to convey?
Not giving up, and finding a way.
needing to pen those words today.
Looking for, a word to be found.
hoping to find, just the right sound.
And I realize, they are abound-
is that my head, starting to pound?
Then like a flash, it comes to me.
starting to pen, frantically.
Baring my soul for all to see.
baring my soul, for therapy.
Get it all down before it's forgot.
elusive words, I have sought.
Stuck in my world, this is my lot.
seeking words, until they are caught.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Poet Has A Lot by Arlene Dery )
- The Night that Never Comes, Olabode Famuyiwa
- Every twinkle is the twinkle of Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- Ocean, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Haiku 'Market', miken newman
- The Fleeting Repeating Bubble Divine, Kaleb Falin
- Faith Is Our Refuge, Tom Zart
- Haiku 'Grace', miken newman
- The Preaching Of The Cross, Tom Zart
- Hanging By A Thread, Dexsta Ray
- Vampire Talk, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)