RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Trudging my way across a desert mountain, looking down and wanting to climb ever higher.
Believing in the reality of horizons beyond life, taking steps to confine myself in the essence of desert plains, letting myself walk alone, capturing the nature of whatever is living around me in careful array.
Settling all details into thoughtful pictures of photographic screens, depicting what I have imagined along the road of my life and now into tomorrow's horizon where I will finally be at rest in God's arms once again.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughtful Picturres by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
- Atukei, The Itesot Girl, maureen ceasar
- A Little Traveling Music, Betsy Sholl
- Masochistic Punishment, Margaret Alice Second
- On the Eve of Festives, Riyaz Yamish
- Dovetail, Naveed Khalid
- First Dance, Jeannette Heywood
- Bass Line, Betsy Sholl
- Forgive and forget - O men, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)