! ! ! Time Alone
Waters deep, like the ocean’s blue,
Tears I cry, are all for you.
Passion burns, raging fire remains,
from searing hot to cold and back again.
To know your kiss, your warm sweet breath,
your eyes, your smile, your soft caress.
Our pounding hearts and bodies weak,
emotions driving the love we seek.
Each day without, ends both high and low,
I lay alone at night and yet you fill my soul.
Many scenes of us are etched within my mind,
Waiting arms, first kiss, a date, wine ‘n dine.
Holding hands, to dance, to laugh, our minds as one,
Sharing all these moments, making love to the rising sun.
I know this day is our first in a life between us two,
and from here I make this undying promise for you.
Inner Whispers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ! ! Time Alone by Inner Whispers )
- Between me and You, Rathna nagaraja
- Concepts 24, Somanathan Iyer
- Wind and storm, Somanathan Iyer
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)