To God be the Glory
To God be the glory my heartbroken tears
To Him be the praise for my worries and fears
For each little thing that is good in me go
The glory to God, for I am below.
My talents, my gifts and my knacks are not mine
The glory to God - I am nothing, just fine
It's only through Him that I even succeed
My God is so great, He gives more than I need.
I on my own am not worthy of praise
Only through Christ up above can I raise
My head up in pride - not of self, but of Him
Alone I am nothing, just blackened with sin.
Alone I am shame in its ugliest form
I'm hopeless and sinful, and wounded and torn
But Christ took the blame for the sins of the lost
An innocent God became man for the cost.
To God be the glory for all that I have
My health and my hope and the reason I'm glad
To God be the glory - I can't help but sing
My Lord is amazing - Praise Him for all things!
Katelin Taylor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Also visit my Facebook page at: https: //www.facebook.com/poetkatelintaylor? ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark
Comments about this poem (To God be the Glory by Katelin Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- I May Be The Culprit?, Geetha Jayakumar
- Internal Inferno, Nalini Chaturvedi
- A Prayer to Start my Day, Seema Chowdhury
- We Need Your Miracle God, Seema Chowdhury
- It Is War, Naveed Akram
- Get Your Story Out, Seema Chowdhury
- When I Stood In The Emerald Rain, mary douglas
- My Thoughts Dragged Me Into The Courtroom!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Speak To Your Dream, Seema Chowdhury
- Running towards, gajanan mishra