RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tomb Of Knowing
Playfully tossing cares to the wind, meandering down quiet
pathways of nature alone.
Becoming peaceful and serene with every step taken, shining
Soul awakening in arid temperatures, heatedly filling every
crevice of life with honest rebellion.
Partaking incessantly of the fountain of eternal truth,
lolling in meadows of every reclusive clearing, staying away
from daily grudging preparations of mourning.
Hearing melodies of beauty in nature, perpetrating the
closeness of almighty healing with humble timidity.
Loving the calming effect of silence, turning slightly away
from the grave of life I will soon be residing in.
Carefully stepping along the edge of old age, goldenly
grasping the oath of centuries and carrying self along with
it's wisdom and knowledge, paralleling the tomb of my knowing.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tomb Of Knowing by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)