RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tomb Of Knowing
Playfully tossing cares to the wind, meandering down quiet
pathways of nature alone.
Becoming peaceful and serene with every step taken, shining
Soul awakening in arid temperatures, heatedly filling every
crevice of life with honest rebellion.
Partaking incessantly of the fountain of eternal truth,
lolling in meadows of every reclusive clearing, staying away
from daily grudging preparations of mourning.
Hearing melodies of beauty in nature, perpetrating the
closeness of almighty healing with humble timidity.
Loving the calming effect of silence, turning slightly away
from the grave of life I will soon be residing in.
Carefully stepping along the edge of old age, goldenly
grasping the oath of centuries and carrying self along with
it's wisdom and knowledge, paralleling the tomb of my knowing.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tomb Of Knowing by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- call this cliche and i'll cut you, Mandolyn ...
- Snow, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Gift, Arliz Paelmo
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara