Treatment of a doctor
With an ailment I went to a doctor
To learn prevention is better than cure
But he prevented me to talk
And taught me nothing, he wrote something
Totally illegible, except ‘’Rx’’
On the left side of the prescription
As if he did not know how to write
Or he did not want me to know
What was my disease and what’s its medicine
Out of fear that his trade-secrets were revealed
All these provoked me to think that
He is more of a blackmailer than a trader
And more of a patient than a doctor who is suffering
From diseases called insecurity and superstition
And badly want of a nice treatment
Which I gave him in quick succession
And all that I did without charging any fees.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Treatment of a doctor by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- WISDOM, LOVE & TRUST, Tom Zart
- stillness and stomping lightly, Mandolyn ...
- Time And Season, Johnny Goyena