Two Monkeys (Poems for Children)
Night descended and a monkey fell asleep
But in the depth of night he woke up with a scream,
In his sleep he saw a horrible dream
His fruits were been stolen by a wily old thief.
On waking up he yelled at a monkey fast asleep,
Get up you wicked, old seasoned thief
I just now saw you stealing my fruits
Now don’t pretend to be asleep, you old brute!
The other monkey on waking up said with a yawn
You are the biggest fool ever to be born
I was about to steal some diamonds and precious gems
But you woke me up before I could get them!
Rajesh Thankappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Two Monkeys (Poems for Children) by Rajesh Thankappan )
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal
- Water has central place, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor