RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Ability of the rich to look down upon the poor, stating that the way they dress or look is abhorent.
Is it a learned behavior, because not all were born rich, some gained riches later in life?
It's a mystery I don't really care to learn about, it's just wrong and shouldn't be a part of our intimate world.
We were all born without clothes, long fingernails or speech, so if these attributes come to us as we grow, we are no better than anyone else.
If their minds have grown out of proportion to their lives, I imagine that would account for attitudes some have.
What gives anyone the right to say or think they are better - above - everyone else?
All of us are equal in God's eyes and that's the way we should be and the way we should treat one another in thought and deed.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Undesirable Behavior by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry