I admire but truthfully desire to slowly creep beside her.
The scent of her perfume is intoxicating as I'm patiently waiting for her invite for that perfect moment just to be right.
I need a notion that she's ready, can't be to anxious; so I keep my excitement slow and steady.
In her eyes I can see that she's confused, not sure if she's ready to make a move; thinking it would be wrong, she doesn't know what to do.
I summon up the courage to go head first, rejection is the only other answer; I mean what can be worst.
I lean in as her eyes begin to look down, she is indeed tempted but does not make a sound.
Seconds feel like hours as inch closer, making sure I catch any notion of unwanting so I don't feel like I force her.
My nose touches her as I gently place my hand on her hips, but she turns her head away and so remains her with unkissable lips.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('UNKISSABLE LIPS' by Curt Bville )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali
- Word of Poetry, Vangile Mtyali
- Life means, Somanathan Iyer
- Just for vegan, SALINI NAIR
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael McParland