I admire but truthfully desire to slowly creep beside her.
The scent of her perfume is intoxicating as I'm patiently waiting for her invite for that perfect moment just to be right.
I need a notion that she's ready, can't be to anxious; so I keep my excitement slow and steady.
In her eyes I can see that she's confused, not sure if she's ready to make a move; thinking it would be wrong, she doesn't know what to do.
I summon up the courage to go head first, rejection is the only other answer; I mean what can be worst.
I lean in as her eyes begin to look down, she is indeed tempted but does not make a sound.
Seconds feel like hours as inch closer, making sure I catch any notion of unwanting so I don't feel like I force her.
My nose touches her as I gently place my hand on her hips, but she turns her head away and so remains her with unkissable lips.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('UNKISSABLE LIPS' by Curt Bville )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- Dover Beach, Matthew Arnold
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Fabrication of Success, Breanni McDuffey
- No base, hasmukh amathalal
- Fighting fire with fire, Leong Ming Loong
- To go down, hasmukh amathalal
- A Horror Memory, Nash Thomas
- In new world, hasmukh amathalal
- My Mother's Advice, Sari Mavi
- The You in my dream, RAJ VIKRAM
- Old Age, Leong Ming Loong
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady