Isn't it strange how life throws you curve balls,
You open your heart and let the feelings in,
All the while knowing it is much too soon,
But you unerringly trust your heart's whispers.
And what a joy that is,
The love flows through you,
Your pulse races,
You see sunshine in everything.
Then out of nowhere,
Without you sensing it the clouds emerge,
Just over there beyond the horizon,
You only see them out of the side of your eye.
As quick as a flash,
Without you seeing the transition they are there,
RIght in front of you,
Too late to do anything.
All the power is out of your hands,
And you remember,
That promise to yourself,
To protect yourself.
You let yourself down yet again,
What can you do now at this late stage?
There is no rule nor recipe for recovery,
You just have to get there,
Take it slow and follow the flow,
Follow your untrustworthy heart yet again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Untrustworthy Heart by Tara Nugent )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- essay 1, gordon nosworthy
- Grasping Sunlight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Unrequited, Saiom Shriver
- Stop the dance, gajanan mishra
- Beautiful Wisdom, Lilly Emery
- A Silent Heart, Aanuoluwa Adebanjo
- It is all nectar, gajanan mishra
- Poverty In The 21st Century, Winston Harding
- Gentle Roach, Saiom Shriver
- Random Thoughts, Queeny Gona