You left in a second,
Not a word to signal your leave,
Vanished into the skies like a breath released,
You left me behind like yesterdays trash.
I should feel anger,
But mostly I just feel empty.
I want to hate you,
I want to seek my revenge on you,
I want to pull your heart out with my bare hands,
Mostly I want to hurt you like you hurt me.
But it’s you I see every time I close my eyes,
An indelible print scoured there for life,
Why should this be?
Why can’t I hate you?
The burning memories of a love lost?
The sad memories of a mind lost?
I no longer know,
I no longer care.
I just want to feel those strong arms of yours,
Wrapped round me once more,
To feel safe and loved once more,
To feel....anything but this never ending pain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You by Tara Nugent )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sylvan Silver, Saiom Shriver
- Artifice, Saiom Shriver
- All I See On Summer Days, Pijush Biswas
- Lost Love, Indranil Bhaduri
- David Bowie, Richard Thripp
- A Cosntellation Of Birds, Saiom Shriver
- decision, Ewa Busayourmi
- Healers' Fingers, Saiom Shriver
- What a way to go, Elena Plotkin
- Given Time By Another, Lawrence S. Pertillar