Uttarakhand, The Land of the Gods,
That got struck by the natural disaster,
Teared apart the joyous trip of innocents,
And devastated the families of many!
Rains continued pouring and instead of being a boon,
Acted as a goon,
Killing many innocent lives and
Hampering the religious sentiments of devotees!
Army Men however proved to be the Real Heroes
Nurturing the needs and safety of helpless victims
Dutifully serving and rescuing stranded people at the need of the hour!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (UTTARAKHAND (Acrostic) by Kavya ... )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Genuine respect, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Let go of my wrist!, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A sweet dream..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She is I, Shweta Nair
- Poetic Sleeping Habits ~there are none, LUVinThe NOW
- Passing No Judgement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An odd adventure...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Falling Leaves, RoseAnn V. Shawiak