We are seeing through the Red
O my evil pet, eating my Joy
Den: My patience’s decoy,
Only to mislead
I am searching Peace,
Here I bleed. You bleed…
Where ye flew the winged bird?
Heavens blithe Spirit!
The soul of our holy existence!
Eyes laden with dew
Life has became, surd
Sorrow lingers to gloom
Chord tied with flowers bloom
Playing with red
Red; splashed on mind, heart, eyes,
Thought, breath, stupid, wise
Where to find, at what place?
Away from bliss, away from grace
Tell me brother, Where is the shade?
‘We are seeing through the red’
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (We are seeing through the Red by Aftab Alam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...