M.D Dinesh Nair
WE MISS YOU MAHATHMAJI..
We miss you, dear one
We Indians really miss you sir
And you won`t come back we know.
That adds to our pain of entity now 'reshaped'!
In the wild jungle of men clad in white, saffron, blue or red
We search in vain for your replica
And we find none.
That mocks at our democracy now 'renovated'!
In the desert of strategies and reforms old and new
We crave for the oasis of Gandhism, your creed
And we find its fossils buried deep.
That destabilises our Bharath Nirman 'rebegun'!
We miss you, dear Captain
We Indians have to tide over the turbulent waters ahead
And our angry seas roll onto us.
That leaves our large ship 'reversed'!
On this October 2, your 145th birthday
We salute you Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi,
With 1250 million faces raised unto your sweet portrait
That needs no lamination to remain 'DE-complexioned'!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Though it was Christ who first preached against 'tit for tat' as a strategy at times of conflicts, entire Europe or the Americas did not implement that strategy in their lands!
America`s Mother of all Battles fought against Britain shrinks in size and concept as the 'the tit for tat' found its grave significance.
M.K Gandhi who was born in an India that promoted mythological 'Lord Krishn`s strategy of violence to fight the perpetrators of position and possession, was redoing another Christ as he fought with Britain using non-violence as his weapon.
India is no more Gandhi`s land of glory. The Christ of the 1940s is almost forgotten by the present community of people and their rulers here and the ghosts of the mythological lord have begun to wage un-warrented wars now.
On this OCTOBER 2 as the Indians 'celebrate' Gandhi`s 145th birthday, I salute Gandhiji though I too am an Indian whose identity is at the crossroads.
PS: This tribute has no intention of tarnishing the factual war strategies of the Indian people who lived in a period BC 4500-6000 when enmity between the races or clans was instigated and controlled by plain emotions alone and similarly it does not aim at the glorification of the New Testament at the cost of the Old Testament.The analogies are just a reminder of historical facts.
Comments about this poem (WE MISS YOU MAHATHMAJI.. by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart condition, Ibrar Siddiqi
- A Poet's Echo, Nate Flying Owl
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)