Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
What Is Heard From Others
Assuming to know someone,
Without the benefit of taking the interest...
Of knowing who one is,
When given the opportunity to do this...
Often leads to misunderstanding.
With beliefs what is heard from others,
Is more valid than the reality...
Of who that person happens to be.
And then to become offended,
If that person reflects what is not expected.
To then become upset when something said,
Is taken out of context when it is perceived...
Disrespecting is okay and will be accepted.
Leading one to compare notes with others.
Instead of sharing meaningful conversation,
Exchanged in an honesty absent in the process.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.