What the Orphan Knows About Light
for Anna Kamienska**
'I don't believe in the other world
...But I don't believe in this one either
unless it's pierced by light.' - A. Kamienska
Hidden behind a star
the ash sings without self-pity -
stake your claim in Beauty.
Jab the mausoleum
majesty of State
in the eye.
Here is your key, little one.
Now run quickly home.
**[Some poems of Anna Kamienska:
http: //www.ap.krakow.pl/nkja/literature/polpoet/kamien ska.htm]
Warren Falcon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What the Orphan Knows About Light by Warren Falcon )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns