When Boy Meets Girl
That boy over there turns his head and looks at me.
His eyes’ glow,
I’ll let it show.
I look at him.
I wonder if he knows.
I really like him.
Our eyes slowly meet.
I wonder if he knows he could knock me off my feet.
With one wink,
My heart does sink.
Beneath the Oklahoma blue skies.
I feel my heart rise.
I’m seeing visions of long moonlit carriage rides.
Feeling rushing ocean tides,
Sailing through and down my feet,
I slightly blink.
Our blue eyes meet.
He smiles at me.
Not knowing he holds the key.
To my heart,
With one glance,
I feel romance.
With one glance,
I’m ready to take a chance.
Boy, what you doing looking at me.
Don’t you know when you look at me?
I think of bright Oklahoma blue skies.
And rainbow eyes,
You look so nice.
Just standing there beneath that shady old willow tree,
You make me feel so free.
I could be your sweet honey bee.
When you look at me like that.
I can look at you and just be me.
A young girl feeling a summer’s love,
When the love dove gently landed.
At my feet,
Boy, you looking at me like that just knocked me off my feet.
I feel so sweet!
Just like a honey bee.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When Boy Meets Girl by Patricia Kelley )
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
- Being aware, hasmukh amathalal
- Needed, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)