When Boy Meets Girl
That boy over there turns his head and looks at me.
His eyes’ glow,
I’ll let it show.
I look at him.
I wonder if he knows.
I really like him.
Our eyes slowly meet.
I wonder if he knows he could knock me off my feet.
With one wink,
My heart does sink.
Beneath the Oklahoma blue skies.
I feel my heart rise.
I’m seeing visions of long moonlit carriage rides.
Feeling rushing ocean tides,
Sailing through and down my feet,
I slightly blink.
Our blue eyes meet.
He smiles at me.
Not knowing he holds the key.
To my heart,
With one glance,
I feel romance.
With one glance,
I’m ready to take a chance.
Boy, what you doing looking at me.
Don’t you know when you look at me?
I think of bright Oklahoma blue skies.
And rainbow eyes,
You look so nice.
Just standing there beneath that shady old willow tree,
You make me feel so free.
I could be your sweet honey bee.
When you look at me like that.
I can look at you and just be me.
A young girl feeling a summer’s love,
When the love dove gently landed.
At my feet,
Boy, you looking at me like that just knocked me off my feet.
I feel so sweet!
Just like a honey bee.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (When Boy Meets Girl by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Deepavu Ninnade.. Gaaliyu Ninnade.., K. S. Narasimhaswamy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Fifth Day of Christmas, Mark Hamilton
- No man's land., RAJ VIKRAM
- Kissing, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma