Jax Ann Newton
I used to care. I used to wonder and let my mind soar.
But now, why even bother?
I know that everything I learn will just come back to bite me.
I know that, it was an epiphany.
An unbelievable epiphany, and it came from me.
Little me, who does not know anything,
I used to think I knew a lot.
A lot about life, and consequences, or at least a lot for my age.
I used to think that I knew right from wrong,
But back then, there were no shades of gray.
There was no confusing, senseless crap fogging my vision.
What do I know? Nothing.
I was naive and unknowing
Of the dangers and troubles haunting and taunting this world.
I was unaware of the horrible gnawing pain
That comes with love, and pride, and accomplishment.
So why bother? Most people go through life on earth anyway.
They take it for granted and then just toss it away.
But what if…? What if just once, someone had believed in me?
How would I be different?
No. I wouldn't change me, not for anything.
I like the person I am.
My experiences have shaped my personality.
What if…? What if just once, I had believed in me?
Jax Ann Newton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Knows? by Jax Ann Newton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz