Jax Ann Newton
All around me disagree, they don't understand it's me who's in charge of me.
When they all see me down, all thy ever do is frown, not even try to help.
(But) Someday they'll see that I'm in charge of me
And I'll break away from all this pain.
They will understand what they did to me
And they will feel the pain that these chains bring.
All the pain that i have to hide.
All the pain that i keep inside.
All the pain that nothing can wash away because this is the pain that these chains bring.
These chains suck and the fact that it was you makes it worse.
My heart is aching but i can not find the words that have always been there.
I'm in love, don't you see?
These chains don't make it easy.
Don't you realize I have all this pain...?
Jax Ann Newton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chains by Jax Ann Newton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales