Jax Ann Newton
Live Laugh Love
Time, so valuable, it's wasted.
Life, so wonderful, it's taken for granted.
Love, so unconditional, yet we make conditions.
Tick Tock goes the clock.
Thump Thump goes my heart.
I yearn for love.
Time. The thing people want the most is what they treat the worst.
They let themselves whither away.
They waste time.
Life. So precious and pure,
a baby gets morphed and changed into a mass murderer.
They let it whither away.
They waste life.
Love. All forgiving, never ceasing.
The one constant in this life.
They make it whither away.
They waste love.
Tick Tock, Thump Thump,
The sound of my beating heart as it dies
For the lost lives, lost time, lost love,
For all the waste.
Jax Ann Newton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Live Laugh Love by Jax Ann Newton )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1878 - 3 May 1916)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 August 1880 – 9 November 1918)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- Vivaciousness, hafiz qasim
- Christmas 2014-1914, Darlene Walsh
- Without You, Gillu Rahul
- Wordly, hafiz qasim
- In Blue December Breaking Off The Icicle.., mary douglas
- December 10-11- season bonus, Mae AC.
- Mountainclimber, hafiz qasim
- Miss Legs, Dorsey Baker
- A Lesson to Fur and Leather Entertainers, rohan bendre
- Love Is Here To Stay, Dorsey Baker